Instant Accessto State, County and Municipal Public Records

Businesses, Click Here
Oklahoma.StateRecords.org is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). You understand and acknowledge that these reports are NOT “consumer reports” as defined by the FCRA. Your access and use of a report is subject to our Terms of Service and you expressly acknowledge that you are prohibited from using this service and this report to determine an individual’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or any other purpose regulated by the FCRA.


Staterecords.org provides access to CRIMINAL, PUBLIC, and VITAL RECORDS (arrest records, warrants, felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, mugshots, criminal driving violations, convictions, jail records, legal judgments, and more) aggregated from a variety of sources, such as county sheriff's offices, police departments, courthouses, incarceration facilities, and municipal, county and other public and private sources.

Staterecords.org is a privately owned, independently run resource for government-generated public records. It is not operated by, affiliated or associated with any state, local or federal government or agency.

Staterecords.org is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") and should not be used to determine an individual's eligibility for personal credit or employment, tenant screening or to assess risk associated with a business transaction. You understand and agree that you may not use information provided by Staterecords.org for any unlawful purpose, such as stalking or harassing others, and including for any purpose under the FCRA.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. Staterecords.org cannot confirm that information provided is accurate or complete. Please use any information provided responsibly.

By clicking "I Agree," you consent to our Terms of Use and are authorizing Staterecords.org to conduct a people research to identify preliminary results of the search subject you entered. You understand and agree that search reports will only be available with a purchase.

Oklahoma Unclaimed Money

What is Unclaimed Money in Oklahoma?

Oklahoma unclaimed money refers to any financial asset that has been left inactive by its owner for a period of time. This can include things like checks, bonds, refunds, insurance payouts, and more.

Under state law, certain types of unclaimed money must be turned over to the state for safekeeping after a set period of time. This process is known as escheatment. In Oklahoma, the provisions for unclaimed money are specified in Oklahoma Statutes Annotated Section 84-315.

The Oklahoma State Treasurer's Office is responsible for holding onto and returning unclaimed money to its rightful owner. Persons who are owed unclaimed money can search the state treasurer's online database for information on possible unclaimed funds and property.

In Oklahoma, the dormancy period for abandoned money or property is three years after which it is escheated to the state through the treasurer's office.

How to Find Unclaimed Money in Oklahoma

Interested members of the public may search for Oklahoma unclaimed money using the Oklahoma Treasurer’s office Unclaimed Property Division online database. The OK Treasure Program allows possible property owners to search for unclaimed funds or property using their first/last name or business name. Search results may also be narrowed using the last known city of the owner, or their zip code.

In person searches may also be done in the Oklahoma State Treasurer’s Office. To process these searches, the requesting party will be required to provide a photo ID and proof of their address. They will also need to provide a description of the property being sought for.

For mail-in queries, requestors may send their information and details of the unclaimed funds or property to the Oklahoma State Treasurer’s Office at:

Unclaimed Property Division
Oklahoma State Treasurer
9520 N. May Ave., Lower Level
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
(405) 521-4273
Office Hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Mon. – Fri.
E-mail: Unclaimed@treasurer.ok.gov

How Do I Find Oklahoma Unclaimed Money for Free?

The online database maintained by the Oklahoma State Treasurer’s Office is accessible for free. The office also offers a free claim form on its website and the process for claiming unclaimed property in Oklahoma should be cost free.

Oklahoma residents may also search for unclaimed funds and property through Federal agencies that hold unclaimed money including the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Social Security Administration (SSA), and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

Requesters may also check with the county court clerk’s office in the county where they live to see if there is any unclaimed money in their name. The clerk’s office may have a list of unclaimed funds that are being held by the court in the judicial district.

How to Claim Unclaimed Money in Oklahoma

To claim unclaimed funds or property in Oklahoma, the claimant may download and complete the Oklahoma Unclaimed Money claim form. On this form, they will be required to provide the following:

  • The name of the listed owner
  • The SSN or FEI of listed owner
  • The claimants relationship to the owner

Along with the form, the Unclaimed Property Division requires claimants to send a copy of their driver’s licence and their social security card or proof of their SSN number. The claim request may then be made in person or submitted via mail to:

Office of the State Treasurer
Unclaimed Property Division
9520 N. May Ave., LL
Oklahoma City, OK 73120

The Oklahoma Treasurer’s Office will review all claims and supporting documentation. If the claim is approved, a check will be mailed to the address provided on the claim form. The claims process can take up to 90 days from the date the completed claim form and supporting documentation are received.

How Long Does It Take to Get Unclaimed Money in Oklahoma?

The length of time it takes to process unclaimed fund requests varies depending on the type of property involved and how it was reported. It can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to receive the money.

Who Can Claim Unclaimed Money From Deceased Relatives in Oklahoma?

The state of Oklahoma has an Unclaimed Property Division that is responsible for holding onto this money until it is claimed by the rightful owner.

The following persons are eligible to claim unclaimed money from deceased relatives in Oklahoma:

  • The surviving spouse of the deceased person
  • The surviving children of the deceased person
  • The surviving parents of the deceased person
  • The executor or administrator of the estate of the deceased person

If there are no surviving relatives of the deceased person, then the unclaimed money will go into the state's fund.

In order to claim the unclaimed fund or unclaimed property, the requesting party must provide:

  • Proof of their relationship to the deceased relative
  • A copy of the death certificate
  • The claimants social security number
  • Photo ID

What Happens to Oklahoma Unclaimed Money if No One Claims It?

There is no statute of limitations on unclaimed money in Oklahoma, which means that the funds will remain owed to the rightful owner indefinitely. If the rightful owner does not come forward to claim the funds, they will eventually be turned over to the Oklahoma Unclaimed Property Fund and maintained by the State Treasurer's office until it is claimed by an eligible individual.